Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mid-Life Crisis

I’m shouting from the inside out
Not sure what this is all about
I’m getting older but feel younger
Still longing for things I’ve dreamed about

I can’t help feeling this is all there is
Because of opportunities missed
Trying hard not to regret
To come to terms and to forget

The time I’ve wasted
Mistakes I’ve made
The places I’ve left
When I should have stayed

Did I have my chance
Is it over now
Can I use what I’ve learned
Or will time win out

I cried to You Lord
And the answers came
The price for my past has already been paid

The young that I feel and Your mercies new
Mean another day to soar with You
Above it all regrets and sorrow
The promised hope of new tomorrows

Please lift me to those eagle’s wings
So close to you my heart will sing
Of victories won and truths revealed
Of steadfast love and wounds You’ve healed

Then set me down on the path you chose
To guide me home and make me whole

No comments:

Post a Comment