Wednesday, May 1, 2013

To Tell the Truth

The moments I lived for
When my hope was renewed
Were the moments of clarity
When reality met truth

Beyond the confusion
Past the noise in my mind
To a place that was peaceful
Where freedom was mine

I could see with my heart
Others struggle for peace
From that vantage point
I knew just what they'd need

I'd start to invite them
To join me and then
Fears of rejection
Began to seep in

Not wanting the world
To steal my peace
I held out my heart
But just beyond reach

As the guilt and the shame
Grew larger than truth
The clarity dissolved
My confusion renewed

From my sinful place
I can't see past my own
Disappointments and sorrows
Until He calls me home

He shows me the way
Through Forgiveness and Grace
Freely given in Love
Gently growing my faith

Learning to trust
That He'll love me through all
The times that I doubt
And run from His call

Slowly I'm learning
That when He is near
From that place of peace
I have nothing to fear

I can see through His eyes
And reach with His hands
With His words that I share
He will gather His lambs

The moments I live for
Have now become
The moments I’m telling
The world of His Son

No comments:

Post a Comment