Friday, April 18, 2014

It Could Have Been Friday Forever

Before our Saviors love displayed
Constant sacrifice was made

To cover sin and ease the shame
Because the law was disobeyed

Unblemished blood was spilled each day
To keep the power of sin at bay

To find the Promised Land they prayed
His mighty power would lead the way

And then their came a precious King
To end the pain and suffering

They praised His name and led the way
With hopes his power would win the day

They didn’t understand the plan
God our Father designed for man

They chose the innocent again
To be slain by their own hand

When I remember that fateful day
How for man’s sins Our Lord was slain

I see the choices that I make
And realize how I partake

Because my sins cause others pain
I slay the innocent again

For sins, past present and to come
His sacrifice the victory won

Forgiveness and love that knows no measure
It could have been Friday forever

No comments:

Post a Comment