Friday, November 23, 2012

Girl Meets World


Thirty years ago today my daughter made her very 1st decision in life.  She wanted out!  She had provided me with subtle hints all day but once she decided the whole process was wrapped up in a couple of hours.  It was a quick and efficient arrival just after midnight on a snowy Colorado night.
The doctors underestimated her determination. They sent her father home telling him that she would not arrive until the next day, only to have to call him back an hour later.  I will never forget his booming voice getting closer and louder as he ran through the quiet halls of the hospital trying to reach the delivery room on time.  She was already robed in pink and crowned with a knit cap by the time he reached us.  She held court for the 1st time as her father’s little princess and ruled his heart from that moment on.
She is beautiful, unique, creative and intelligent.  She loves openly and without prejudice, demands justice and leads naturally when called upon.  You don’t have to believe me, I am her mother after all, but even if I wasn’t I would want to be her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment