Monday, July 7, 2014

57 Reasons I Can't Quit Now


No Regrets
                  You Wanna Bet
            Just wait til you turn fifty
            Through everything you’ve ever done
            You suddenly start sifting
 
Counting failures, broken dreams
            And things I could have done
            Excuses, blame and rational
            For me the battle had begun

 The past was not my enemy
             And failure not my foe
             My fears would cause my sure defeat
             If I could not let go

 Fear there was no time to start
             Or no time to finish
             That the passions in my heart
             Just could not be replenished

 The past has been defeated by
             The knowledge that God’s near
             And when I give them all to Him
             His perfect love casts out my fears

                  Now anything is possible
            My hopes deferred set free
            I can’t go back I can’t remain
            The future holds my victory

No comments:

Post a Comment