Saturday, September 29, 2012

Awakening

They said You were a loving God
Beyond all myth and measure
Your grace and mercy freely given
Was man kinds greatest treasure

I’d known of You since just a child
I’d often heard the story
Of how You suffered and You died
Then rose again in glory

I was not at the cross or tomb
I never heard You speak
How could I really know you Lord
And feel Your love for me

My faith had been obedience
To rules and regulations
Traditions and security
Without hope or expectation

I longed for the reality
of being close to You
To hear Your voice amidst the noise
And know that it was really You

To ask the questions of my heart
To run to You in pain
To see You move within my life
And hear You call my name

I prayed for help to know Your grace
And through it to believe
To find the truth beyond the stories
That would truly set me free

And as I spoke that prayer to You
My eyes welled up with tears
Because I knew You’d been their Lord
Waiting all those years

You paved the way and shined a light
Through the darkness of my life
That led me to this place and time
Drawn by Your love and not your might

No comments:

Post a Comment