Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Viva La Difference or Ode to a Staycation

Going nowhere sounds depressing
When looking for a time refreshing
My attitude may need adjusting
Before I realize the blessings

All I see is procrastination
Things I should, could, would have done
Screaming they should come before
Threatening things that might occur

The sight of things undone around me
Reminding me my time is not free
May bring it to a woeful end
Of being more tired than when I began

That thought train will lead to failure
If optimism I don’t secure
So determination sends regrets
For the invitation to more stress

I will let go, and take a break
And responsibility forsake
To take a hike and fish a stream
Sleep till noon and chase a dream

Escaping the box routine creates
Just enjoying the change of pace
For disappointment, not a chance
Viva La Difference

No comments:

Post a Comment